Don’t ever fucking try to tell me that white people aren’t targeted and discriminated against for the color of their skin. Don’t ever try to fucking say that ANYONE has never been discriminated against. If you want fucking justice, then ACT on that justice.
HI UM NOPE
This headline is the deformed offspring of lies, bad reporting, and a Getty Image from 2012 taken after a man was beaten by police at the Occupy Wall Street protests.
The article cites no sources and reads like a Facebook Aunt telling a story they heard from their son’s buddy Taylor, most likely because it’s a poorly-paraphrased version of this also false article that calls itself ”White Man Cold-Cocked By Vicious Ferguson Mob In Blatant Racist Attack.” Money quote from the article:
“Most recently, a man was simply standing outside of a St. Louis McDonald’s where he was surrounded by a group of black man who punched the man in the face for no reason whatsoever. Seemingly unprovoked, the group intentionally targeted this man for nothing more than his skin color in a backwards attempt at justice for Mike Brown.”
Ah, yes, the classic “for no reason whatsoever” immediately followed by “for nothing more than his skin color in a backwards attempt at justice for Mike Brown” trick. That old reporting chestnut.
Anyway. The tale of an entire mob attacking this man was
followed up by showing these tweets, where the story originated:
This is all from the same article, mind you. There’s a paragraph describing a mob of black men attacking this white guy, and then they show the actual source describing a single black man punching the guy in the face once. Also? The Knockout Game doesn’t exist.
So really, “Black Man Punches White Man In Face, Other Black Men Try To Apprehend Black Man Who Punched White Man In Face,” because Ferguson’s hero-to-asshole ratio is actually through the fucking roof.
Anyway. It sucks that the guy got punched a couple weeks ago, but if you’re going to lie about it, try being just so much better at lying.
Cracked shouldn’t be the “journalists” catching this kind of thing. If you read something that sounds outrageous but tickles that part of your brain that wants it to be true, there’s a good chance it’s made up specifically to do that tickling. Take twenty minutes to research it before sharing or you sound like an idiot.
Not to be all SJW-y here, but this piece of news is false, people. - The Scandinavian one
Y’all want to be oppressed so bad y’all making up oppression for yourselves rofl
Petition: Hong Kong Government: Legislate a ban on the sale and possession of shark fin in Hong Kong.
From Honduras to New Caledonia, from the Bahamas to the Maldives, the people have spoken. And governments have listened. Now is the time for Hong Kong to wake up! The public is ready. The business sector is behind us. Now is the time for a total sale and possession ban on shark fin in Hong Kong. By doing so, Hong Kong will take a giant step to join the conservation efforts of numerous countries around the world who have enacted shark protection legislation. In Latin America it will join Honduras. In the United States it will join California, New York, Hawaii, Washington, Maryland, Delaware and Oregon. In the Pacific region it will join Palau, Tokelau, Marshall Islands, French Polynesia, Cook Islands, American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands and New Caledonia. Even China has agreed to stop serving shark fin soup at official banquets, to take effect in the next year or two.
Banning shark fin from the streets of Hong Kong will be the single most important marine conservation achievement of the year. It will be an important step towards protecting the health of our oceans. It will also remove the stain on Hong Kong’s reputation as a world-class tourism hub.
This petition is endorsed by: Shark Rescue
BALLSIEST. PETITION. EVER.
IF THERE WAS EVER A HEAD TO THIS DRAGON - THERE IT IS.
DO YOU KNOW WHAT A HUGE DIFFERENCE THIS WOULD MAKE??? WITHOUT THE ISSUE OF SHARK FIN SOUP WE COULD CONCENTRATE ON THE ISSUE OF BYCATCH AND SOLVE THIS ISSUE PERMANENTLY.
THIS IS IMPORTANT PLEASE SIGN IT
Yet again, more notes than signatures. Actually sign these things, people. Ugh.
This is far too upsetting.
Oh great yukamitsu overlord, please recommend some fanfics to me because I need more yukamitsu in my life.
SLAMS FIST TO THE TABLE. I AM HERE FOR THIS. i have a few yukamitsu fic recommendations, i’m very picky about fics but when your fav pairing only have two pages of fan fictions in total you’d definitely read every fic available. but these are my favorite ones!
In Coming to Understand Another by Stealth_Noodle. my favorite of all, their characters are written really well and it’s pretty much how i’d always pictured their relationship. plus, i love stories that keep in line with the canon and the best part is that it’s 16,000 words. it’s so good trust me it’s like the yukamitsu bible
there are a lot of other fics i enjoyed reading but i’m too tired to list them all…. but hope you like it! and if you have fic recommendations please share with me!!
can we please discuss what the fuck is wrong with pennsylvania
realest real steps to how i went from self-loathing loser to self-confidence gem:
- stop. just stop those negative thoughts in their tracks right now. go listen to some beyonce or something for a couple of minutes.
- every time you’re starting to feel self-loathing and you’re starting to have those negative thoughts creep in, start complimenting yourself. ridiculous, endless, gushing compliments about yourself
- fake it. fake your self confidence. put on a mask of being full of yourself and never take it off. it’s a good mask to wear.
- look back at your life and think about all the times that you could have died. tripped and fallen over a railing, semi truck could have kept changing lanes and slammed into the car you were in, fall off a roof onto your head. and the fact you didn’t die any of those times. not a single goddamn one. the world’s had six billion years to sharpen its skill and it can’t kill you. fucking terra firma can’t touch you.
- own your weirdness. just fucking own that shit. it’s part of who you are and that’s rad.
- laugh at your failures and say shit like “oh damn i fucked up, oh well. no big.” own them and then move on and keep getting better. at everything.
- never apologize for loving something.
- if someone insults you treat them like the insect they are. you are superior to them and make sure to remind them of that. they’re jealous of you, point it out.
- laugh at your own jokes. you’re hilarious.
- dance if you feel like it.
- anytime someone says something like “well aren’t you cool” respond with something like “yeah i am.” take that shit as a legitimate compliment.
- take a million goddamn selfies and post as many as you feel like it because goddamn you look fine.
- compliment yourself when the opportunity arises in conversations.
- if someone tells you that you’re full of yourself, respond with “yes i am” and never apologize for it.
- own shit that you can’t do and make them funny and endearing. nobody can make you feel inferior unless you let them. so don’t ever let them.
- take off your mask of self confidence that you put on for step 3. surprise, your real face is the exact same underneath. you’ve been confident as hell and loving yourself for awhile without faking it. you badass.